1-877-288-8077 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Corona, CA | Peachtree City, GA
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-288-8077
WHELEN PARMETHEUS PLUS SUPER LED REPLACEMENT LIGHT - 28V PAR 46
MFR Model# 01-0790750-20
Parmetheus PAR-46 Super-LED lights are a drop-in replacement for outdated halogen lamps. PMA Approved, Lightweight, low-current and moisture resistant, they provide stable light output for thousands of operating hours. The PAR 46 assemblies have an impressive 80% brighter output than the original Parmetheus Series.
LED lighting is the ideal technology for aviation applications. Whelen LED lights are time and field-tested for reliability and long-life performance under the tough conditions required by Fire, Emergency, DOT and Law Enforcement professionals around the world.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methylene Chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Moisture resistant providing stable light output for 10,000 hours of trouble-free operating.
- Direct replacement for outdated PAR-46 Halogen lamps.
- Available in a Landing version.
- Convenient “Drop-In” design for ease of installation:
- Power wiring attaches to brass screw terminals.
- Weight is virtually identical to previous PAR-46 lamps.
- Assembly design includes clocking notch.
- Polycarbonate, replaceable, hard-coated outer lens.
- Low current and lightweight
- Metal, heat dissipating coated housing.
- Whelen TIR™ (Total Internal Reflector) technology, combining spot and flood optical combination, resulting in superior in intensity and effectiveness.
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Five year warranty
- Type: Landing (Spot Light, 10 degree horizontal, 10 degree vertical)
- Unit weighs only 1 lb / 454 gm, virtually identical to previous PAR-46 lamps
- Five-year HDP Heavy-Duty Professional warranty
- White LED; clear hardcoated polycarbonate
- 5.65" round by 2.25" face to screw terminal
- 1.3 Amps at 28 VDC
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Direct replacement for the GE 4522 lamp on my 1966 Mooney M20C. Took 30 minutes to swap out, using existing wiring. Couldnt be easier. I now fly with the light on both day and night, which adds a degree of safety on hazy days and at night. A fraction of the current draw, yet still very bright for a landing light. PMA part approved for my plane, too.
December 8, 2020
Ordered two for two Cessna 172 N models. Both owners were quite happy. One reported that he did a night flight & said what an amazing difference taxiing & landing.
November 25, 2017
July 24, 2017
Q: What is the difference between Parmetheus
Plus (part number 11-12981) and Parmetheus (part number 11-09524)?
The main difference is the light output. The PAR Plus is 80% brighter than the original PLED462L. Right now we are currently getting STC and PMA approval on the P46P2L so they would need to do a field approval at this time for installation. (as of June 17, 2014)
Q: Which landing light LED is stronger: 11-12981 (WHELEN LED PARMETHEUS PLUS PAR 46 28V LAND P46P2L) or 11-12978 (WHELEN LED PARMETHEUS PLUS PAR36 28V LAND P36P2L)? Also, what is the difference and what is your suggestion to me?
The difference between these two lights is not stength. They are both very strong. The difference is in application. One of them is used in aircraft that require a PAR 46 size light, and the other is used in aircraft that require a PAR 36 size light.
Q: Is this light (part number 11-12981)wig wag compatible ? If so could you recommend a pulse switch also please.
Yes it is and Whelen recommends our part number 11-08175.
Q: Do you need to install a relay in line with Model # P46P2L? With the incandescent landing light, we would use a 50 amp relay. Should I be removing that relay now?
No you would just replace the current bulb with this unit.