1-877-288-8077 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Corona, CA | Peachtree City, GA
SAME DAY SHIPPING ON ORDERS PLACED BY 4 PM VIA UPS | 877-288-8077
REDBIRD TD FLIGHT SIMULATOR SYSTEM
MFR Model# R-5103
Table not included
FAA Approved BATD Simulator
The Redbird TD takes the advanced flight training tools found on our large simulators and puts it in a desktop device. Whether you are a flight school interested to enhance your training with simulation, or an individual pilot looking to hone your skills and stay current from the comfort of your home or office, the Redbird TD is the perfect solution.
With its impressive range of features and training tools, it’s no surprise that it has been FAA approved as a Basic Aviation Training Device. The Redbird TD represents a generic single engine piston aircraft. It is available in either glass or steam gauge configurations.
Ergonomically Correct Design
The Redbird TD is the first table-mounted flight training device, designed with the ergonomics of flight in mind. Traditional “desktop” flight training devices sit on top of a table or desk, causing the pilot to reach up for the yoke and to look unrealistically high for the gauges. The TD’s unique mounting system allows it to be hung under the table, placing the yoke, switches, gauges and visuals in the correct and most realistic position for the pilot.
FeaturesThe newly redesigned Redbird TD & TD2 give you the freedom to fly with interchangeable glass and steam gauges on one device. They represent generic,single engine piston training aircraft. With the TD2, you can fly with or without retractable gear, constant speed prop and or a high performance engine.
- 90-day warranty with optional 1 or 2-year extended warranty
- Interchangeable instrument panel - traditional or glass configurations
- Complete terrain and airport database
- Equipped with computer, monitor, instrument panel, keyboard and speakers
- Ergonomically correct design which easily slides onto a sturdy, solid table
- FAA Approved BATD with optional rudder pedals
- Failure Hotkeys
- Component: Description
- Visuals: 27-inch LCD monitor (1920 x 1080 pixels) with Nvidia GeoForce GTX 750Ti Video Card.
- CPU: Intel i5 Quad-core.
- Memory & Storage: 8 GB of RAM and a 120 GB Solid State Drive.
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Flight Simulation Software: Lockheed Prepar3D Flight Sim (the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator X)
- Primary Flight Control: Redbird professional-grade yoke system.
- Throttle Quadrant: Controls for throttle and mixture.
- Dimensions: 28.9" x 30"
- Depth: 24.25"
- You will need a sturdy, solid table with a maximum tabletop thickness of 2.25” including any rails and the underlying structure. There should be at least 29” between the legs of the table to allow the TD to slide on to the table smoothly. Please note that you must install the adjustable supporting leg for added stability, if you are not using a Redbird TD table or platform.
- Electrical: US standard 110 volt, 15 amp wall outlet.
- Internet: A high-speed connection is highly recommended to allow updates and added functionality.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Related Items
Q: Is the Redbird TD and FAA approved aircraft training device?
The Redbird TD is an approved Basic Aviation Training Device (BATD) by the FAA only when used with rudder pedals which are sold separately. It is then authorized per 61.4(c) for use in satisfying the Tasks/Maneuvers and Procedures under parts 61 and 141.
Q: Does either the Jay model or the Redbird TD come with the KLN94 option? Is there the ability to record the flight data (time, heading, altitude, airspeed, etc) , and any ATC commands and pilot communication responses throughout any given flight? Are steam engine instruments an additional expense to the basic price of either model?
The TD does not have a KLN94 available. The Jay may have aircraft preinstalled with this option, or the customer can purchase a third party add on incorporating the KLN94. I believe the recording feature is available within the Prepar3d flight simulation software. ATC commands are not standard on the Jay, but using a third party product like Pilot Edge can make this possible. The Jay has aircraft with the standard 6 pack preinstalled. The TD2 can include either a G1000 or Steam gauge panel with the base price. The other panel may be purchased for an additional cost.