A.V. Roe Canada Ltd. (AVRO Aircraft) was established in 1945 in Malton Ontario. AVRO Aircraft designed new fighters for the RCAF and transport aircraft for Trans-Canada Airlines. In 1946 Orenda Engines was formed to develop jet engines. In the 1950’s the CF-100 Canuck interceptor was designed and in operation with the RCAF. The Avrocar “Flying Saucer” and the C-102 jetliner were designed and test flown. Other supersonic interceptor jet projects led to the design and development of the CF-105 Arrow. The first Arrow (RL 201) was finished in late 1957 but just over a year later in February 1959 the entire Arrow program was cancelled by the Canadian Government. In 1962, AVRO Aircraft closed its Malton Aircraft Division where Orenda Aerospace Corp. still carries on the tradition of innovation.
Please note, Pilotshop's personnel are not certified aircraft mechanics and can only provide general support and ideas, which should not be relied upon or implemented in lieu of consulting an A&P or other qualified technician. Pilotshop assumes no responsibility or liability for any issue or problem which may arise from any repair, modification or other work done from this knowledge base. Any product eligibility information provided here is based on general application guides and we recommend always referring to your specific aircraft parts manual, the parts manufacturer or consulting with a qualified mechanic.