1-877-288-8077 | email@example.com
Corona, CA | Peachtree City, GA
REGIONAL WAREHOUSE NETWORK FOR RAPID DELIVERY | 877-288-8077
KLIXON 7274-2-5 CIRCUIT BREAKERS
MFR Model# 7274-2-5
Klixon 7274 series are small, lightweight, low amperage devices that are specifically designed to protect aircraft/aerospace cable and components in airborne vehicles and equipment.
The commercial grade version of this circuit breaker is the Klixon 7277 series. The 7277 and 7274-2 series circuit breakers are physically and electrically identical, with the exception that the 7277 has wider calibration limits.
The 7274 features a trip–free, indicating reset button and is available in standard ratings from ˝ to 20 amps.
A "wiping action" contact design assures low voltage drop, faster trip time and high reliability in low voltage applications. They are available in standard ratings from ˝ to 20 amps.
Water Resistant Panel
A water resistant panel seal designed to fit over the push button actuator is available for applications that require this type of protection.
- Uses minimum space
- Light weight
- MIL-C-5809 qualified
- Current rating: 5 amp
- Low amp
- High vibration resistance
- Typical use: Military airborne vehicle and equipment protection
- Amp: 5
- MS#: MS26574-5
- Vibration: 10G minimum, 50–500 Hz (other vibration levels available)
- Mechanical Shock: 35G
- Acceleration: 10G
- Weight: 7274-2 (MS 26574): 28 grams maximum; 7274-4 (MS 26574 A): 28 grams maximum; 7274-11 (MS 22073): 33 grams maximum; 7274-69 (MS 22073V): 33 grams; 7274-70 (MS 26474L): 33 grams
- Interrupt Current: 0.50–5 amps: unlimited at 28 VDC; 7.50–15 amps: 2,000 amps at 28 VDC; 0.50–1.50 amps: unlimited at 120 VAC, 400 Hz; 2–5 amps: 800 amps at 120 VAC, 400 Hz; 7.50–20 amps: 500 amps at 120 VAC, 400 Hz
- Endurance: 2,500 cycles: 120 VAC, 400 Hz inductive; 5,000 cycles: 120 VAC, 400 Hz resistive; 2,500 cycles: 30 VDC inductive; 5,000 cycles: 30 VDC resistive; 10,000 cycles: Mechanical, no load
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Replacing old 1960s style breakers with these makes it a snap, and you can fit an extra one of these between the 2 old style if you need to add breakers. With Garmin calling out this MIL-Spec number in their installation manuals, theres no reason you cant use these anywhere else on certified aircraft with the proper logbook/337 signoff. Love the fact I can now pull power off individual pieces of equipment vs old style you could not! Highly recommend these style breakers!
November 7, 2020
Klixon makes very good CBs. This one is required for several components for Garmin G5 installations. It meets Garmins STCd installation requirements for G5 installations. It has the same form factor as the Klixon 7277-2-5 making the 7274-2-5 an easy replacement on the bus. The 7274 series has tighter tolerances for the current and time requirements of the MS certification. The breaker works as a good breaker should.
March 13, 2020
Certainly appears to be a quality product. Its not really something that an evaluation is necessary on. Or the other circuit breakers that I purchased.
August 16, 2019
A bit more expensive, but is mil spec and compact - always a bonus when things use less space when working behind the panel.
May 24, 2019
Good value, quality breaker.
March 29, 2018
Q: Are the 7274 circuit breakers PMA approved?
The 7274 series Klixon breakers meet MIL-MS26574 spec. They are not FAA PMA approved but the Mil spec allows them to be installed on certified aircraft. MIL-C-5809 qualified.
Q: What are the physical dimensions of this Klixon 7274-2-5 circuit breaker, LxWxH?
The dimensions are 3/4" L x 9/16" W x 2" H.
Q: What is the mounting hole size of the Klixon 7274-2-5 breaker?
The mounting hole should be approximately .445" to fit the 7/16-32 threaded neck to the panel.